– Advertisement –
Property News- Property tax has to be paid every year. The government also charges interest on non-payment of this tax. Now the government has announced a bumper rebate on the interest of property tax.
New Delhi. People living in cities have to pay property tax to the government. This tax has to be paid on houses, shops and other commercial premises coming in urban areas. This tax contributes significantly to the income of the municipal bodies. On non-payment of tax, the government also charges interest on the principal of the tax. Now the Haryana government has taken a big decision regarding property tax. The government has now announced a 30 percent rebate on the interest on property tax. Earlier, the government was giving 10 percent discount on interest.
This means that if a person now pays property tax, then only 70 percent of the total amount of interest on his outstanding tax will have to be deposited along with the basic tax. The government has decided to give 30 percent rebate in the interest amount only to those who deposit property tax by July 31, 2023. The increase in interest subvention by 20 percent will provide relief to all sections living in urban areas.
Property tax is to be paid every year
Property tax is an annual tax, which is levied on properties all over Haryana. The amount received from this is used by the urban local bodies to provide basic facilities to the citizens in the urban areas of Haryana. Officials of Haryana’s Urban Local Bodies Department say that the government is promoting on a wide scale so that maximum people get the benefit of 30 percent rebate in the interest amount of property tax.
The Haryana administration has given the facility to deposit property tax through both online and offline methods. Follow these steps to pay property tax in online mode –
- Visit the official website @ https://ulbharyana.gov.in.
- Click on the ‘Online Services’ tab on the homepage.
- Now click on the URL in front of Payment of Property Tax Dues or https://ulbhryndc.org.
- You will be redirected to the Property Tax Arrears Management page of the Directorate of Urban Local Bodies, Haryana.
- If you are a registered user, then login using the registered mobile number. Select Citizen in Login Type.
- If you are not a registered user, then click on the new user registration tab and register.
- After the registration is done, you will have to enter the details of the property such as district, village, locality, house number, name of the owner and property number.
- Pay online by filling in the details. Online payment can be made through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ UPI/ Mobile Wallet/ RTGS/ IMPS.