– Advertisement –
Coromandel Express Accident: The pictures of the gruesome train accident that took place in Balasore, Odisha on Friday evening are quite painful. According to official figures, 233 people have died so far and more than 900 people are injured. Many trains have been canceled due to the accident.
Coromandel Express Accident: The pictures of the gruesome train accident that happened on Friday evening in Balasore, Odisha are quite painful. The death toll in this train accident is continuously increasing. According to official figures, 233 people have died so far and more than 900 people are injured. How dangerous the accident is, it can be gauged from the fact that after the late night train accident, relief work is still going on at the spot. More than 600 personnel are running the rescue operation.
After this accident in Odisha, the movement of many trains has been affected. Due to this, many trains have been canceled and the route of more than a dozen trains has also been diverted. Railway personnel are working to repair the route after the accident. Let me tell you, the Coromandel Express was going from Howrah to Chennai Central, during this time when the train reached Bahanga Bazar station, it collided with a goods train. Due to this, some coaches of the Coromandel Express derailed, while another train arrived there during this time. The coaches of the Coromandel Express collided with this train. It is being told that due to this, about 17 coaches of both the trains got derailed.
See here which trains were canceled
|12666||Kanyakumari-Howrah Express from Kanyakumari||03.06.2023|
|08031||Balasore-Bhadrak Special from Balasore||03.06.2023|
|08032||Bhadrak-Balasore Special from Bhadrak||03.06.2023|
|08063||Kharagpur-Bhadrak Special from Kharagpur||03.06.2023|
|08064||Bhadrak-Kharagpur Special from Bhadrak||04.06.2023|
|18045||Shalimar-Hyderabad East Coast Express from Shalimar||03.06.2023|
|20889||Howrah-Tirupat Express from Howrah||03.06.2023|
|12245||Howrah-Bangalore Duronto Express from Howrah||03.06.2023|
|12703||Howrah-Secunderabad Falaknuma Express from Howrah||03.06.2023|
|22895||Howrah-Puri Vande Bharat Express from Howrah||03.06.2023|
|22896||Puri – Howrah Vande Bharat Express from Puri||03.06.2023|
|18038||Jajpur Keonjhar Road-Kharagpur Express from Jajpur Road||03.06.2023|
|12891||Bangiriposi-Puri Express from Bangiriposi||04.06.2023|
|22890||Puri-Digha Express from Puri||03.06.2023|
|22889||Digha-Puri Express from Digha||04.06.2023|
These trains were diverted
- 12842 Chennai – Shalimar Coromandel Express commencing on 02.06.2023 will be diverted from Chennai to Jakhapura – Jaroli.
- 22641 Trivandrum – Shalimar Express commencing on 01.06.2023 will depart Trivandrum via Vizianagaram – Titilagarh – Jharsuguda.
- 22832 Sathya Sai Prasanthi Nilayam – Howrah Express on 02.06.2023 will be diverted to run via SSPN via Vizianagaram – Titilagarh – Jharsuguda.
- 22503 Kanyakumari – Dibrugarh Express will depart Kanyakumari via Vizianagaram – Titilagarh – Jharsuguda on 01.06.2023.
- 18046 Hyderabad – Howrah East Coast Express on 02.06.2023 will depart Hyderabad via Jakhapura – Jaroli.
- 12820 Anand Vihar – Bhubaneswar Odisha Sampark Kranti Express commencing on 02.06.2023 will run via Anand Vihar via Chakradharpur-Jaroli-Jakhpura.
- 15644 Kamakhya-Puri Express will depart Kamakhya on 01.06.2023 via Kharagpur-Tata-Rourkela-Jharsuguda-Sambalpur City-Angul-Cuttack.
- The 12508 Silchar-Trivandrum Express journey commencing on 01.06.2023 from Silchar will be diverted via Kharagpur-Tata-Rourkela-Jharsuguda-Sambalpur-Titilagarh-Vizianagaram.
- 22504 Dibrugarh – Kanyakumari Express will depart Dibrugarh via Kharagpur – Tata – Rourkela – Jharsuguda – Sambalpur – Titilagarh – Vizianagaram on 01.06.2023.
- 22812 New Delhi-Bhubaneshwar Rajdhani Express commencing on 02.06.2023 will depart from New Delhi via Chakradharpur-Jharsuguda-Sambalpur-Angul-Cuttack.
12876 Anand Vihar-Puri Nilanchal Express will run from Anand Vihar via Dongaposi-Jaroli-Jakhpura on 02.06.2023.
- 22612 New Jalpaiguri-Chennai Express will be diverted from New Jalpaiguri to Rourkela-Jharsuguda-Sambalpur-Vizianagaram on 02.06.2023
- 07047 Dibrugarh-Secunderabad Special Express will depart Dibrugarh via Rourkela-Jharsuguda-Sambalpur-Vizianagaram on 02.06.2023.
- 22807 Santragachi – Chennai Express will be diverted from Santragachi via Jharsuguda – Sambalpur – Titiolagarh – Vizianagaram on 02.06.2023.
- 18409 Shalimar – Puri Express will depart Shalimar via Jaroli & Jakhpura on 02.06.2023.
22873 Digha-Visakhapatnam Express will depart Digha via Jharsuguda-Sambalpur-Angul-Cuttack on 02.06.2023.
- 22817 Howrah-Mysore Express will depart Howrah via Jaroli-Jakhpura on 02.06.2023.
12840 Chennai – Howrah Mail will depart Chennai via Jakhapura & Jaroli on 02.06.2023.
Order for investigation in train accident
Railway Ministry has ordered an inquiry into the train accident in Odisha. The South Eastern Zone Commissioner Railway Safety (CRS) AM Choudhary will order an inquiry into the incident. The injured have been admitted to hospitals in Gopalpur, Kantapada, Balasore, Bhadrak and Soro for treatment. Around 92 other trains passing through this route have been affected due to the train accident.
- Canceled trains: 43
- Divert : 38
- Short Termination : 9
- Reschedule: 1
- Partially Cancelled: 1