If you are a user of the digital payment service platform Google Pay, then there is good news for you. Google Pay has launched a special feature for its users.
With its help, users will now be able to create their UPI account even without a debit card. The company gave this information on Wednesday.
Under this service, Google Pay users will be able to create a UPI PIN without a debit card. However, users will be able to take advantage of this service only when their mobile phone number, bank account and Aadhaar number are linked.
The company said in a statement, “The Aadhaar-based UPI service will enable Google Pay users to create a UPI PIN without a debit card. As UPI has crores of Indian users, this is expected to help many more users to create UPI IDs and enable them to make digital payments.”
How will this feature work
- To activate UPI service from Aadhaar, users must have a mobile number which is linked to your bank account.
- First open the Google Pay app.
- Now click on UPI Onboard option.
- After this enter the 6 digits of Aadhaar.
- After this users will have to enter One Time Password (OTP), which will authenticate to your bank.
- Now your UPI payment will be activated.
- After this users will have to set UPI PIN.
- After UPI is activated, users will be able to do transactions easily.