– Advertisement –
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has started getting the option to book tickets through WhatsApp on the Airport Express Line. We are going to tell you how to do this and it is very easy to do.
The hassle of buying tickets to travel in the metro is now going to be relieved through WhatsApp. The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has recently announced a QR-based ticketing service, with which WhatsApp users will not have to stand in long queues to buy tokens. With the new WhatsApp service, users can book tickets instantly through the popular messaging app, saving them both the time and effort of queuing up.
The new ticketing system implemented by DMRC is not applicable on all metro lines and this facility is currently available only for the Airport Express Line. The agency has given information about this through a tweet. This means that now passengers can start their journey from Indira Gandhi International Airport to select metro stations without taking metro card tokens. Let us tell you, Delhi Metro’s Airport Express Line runs between New Delhi Station Metro Station and Dwarka Sector 21 Metro Station.
Other metro networks have also provided the facility
DMRC has become the sixth metro rail network in India to offer WhatsApp based ticketing service. Earlier, a similar facility was provided on WhatsApp by Bengaluru Metro Rail Corporation (Namma Metro), Mumbai Metro, Pune Metro, Hyderabad Metro Rail and Chennai Metro Rail Limited. Booking tickets with the help of WhatsApp is very easy and can be done through the chatbot of the network.
This is how you book tickets on WhatsApp
- To book tickets on the Airport Express Line of Delhi Metro, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, the WhatsApp number of DMRC chatbot 9650855800 has to be saved in your phone.
- After this, you will have to send a message by writing ‘Hi’ on this WhatsApp number and you will be able to choose your language.
- After selecting the Buy Ticket option, you have to select the source and destination stations.
- After booking with the instructions shown on the screen, you will be required to make the payment by choosing one of the various modes of payment.
- As soon as the payment is done, you will get the QR code of the ticket in the same WhatsApp chat, which you will be able to start the journey by scanning on the scanners installed at the AFC gates.
Some rules have also been made for metro ticket booking through WhatsApp and passengers will be able to book only a maximum of six tickets at a time. Apart from this, on the day QR based tickets are booked, the journey can be done through them only. Also, once in the station, the time limit of 65 minutes will be applicable for the journey.