Aadhaar Card Update: Aadhaar card is an important document in India. It is difficult to take advantage of any government schemes without Aadhaar card, so it is necessary that whatever shortcomings are related to it should be fulfilled.
In such a situation, big news related to Aadhaar card has come to the fore. In fact, the UIDAI is being asked to update the Aadhaar cards of those people who had made it 10 years ago. Usually a charge is made for updating the Aadhaar card. UIDAI is currently giving the facility to update it for free.
Update for free till this date
Aadhaar card contains important information like name, address, photo, biometric data of people. Under Digital India, the facility to update Aadhaar card has been provided for free till June 14. According to UIDAI myAadhaar portal this service is free. At the same time, a charge of Rs 50 will have to be paid for updating at Aadhaar centers. It was also clarified that under this only identity and address proof will be updated free of cost. If you do not update till June 14, then after that you will have to charge more than Rs 100. Name, gender, date of birth will not be updated on Aadhaar card for free.
How to update Aadhaar for free?
- First of all, click on https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ and enter your Aadhaar number.
- After this verify OTP.
- Verify the document by choosing the option of update.
- After this, scan and upload your ID proof and address proof in the drop list.
- After this a 14 digit Update Request Number (UNR) will be generated.
- After this, the information about the Aadhaar card update will come on your phone number.
- After updating, download your updated Aadhaar card.